TOP 10 SIGNS YOU COULD BE A MODERN DAY BRIDEZILLA. UGH!
“Remember life should not only be lived it should be celebrated.”- Osho
We all know too well planning a wedding even with today’s modern conveniences can be stressful. The ever growing guest list, juggling vendor appointments with your busy schedule, and keeping everyone happy can definitely have its challenges, but there’s ways to avoid making a mountain out of a molehill! Here are some ways brides turn themselves into the most unpopular bell of the ball and become known, in certain circles, as a modern day bridezilla. Ugh!
10.Worrying about every little thing and becoming too stressed to appreciate being engaged. It’s a joyous experience to be engaged [the first time] so sit back and enjoy the ride.
9. Constantly second guessing yourself and nagging at your fiancee about things that have already been checked off your list. Good grief, really? You need to trust yourself that you’ve made the right decision. Stop creating unnecessary wedding drama and move on.
8. After stressing yourself out, eating your feelings then complaining you no longer fit into the wedding dress that was ordered months ago. Ummm, again breathe, read #9 and put down the bag of cookies my dear.
7. Trying to control the entire planning process despite the fact you already hired a professional wedding planner. This is something that always baffles me. Why spend the time, money and effort to find the perfect planner only to try and do everything without them?. Do yourself a favor, take a step back and let your planner do what they do best. Plan your wedding!
6. Cornering your barista, garbage man, the stranger in the elevator or anyone within an earshot about your wedding woes. Yes, they care. Ok, just kidding really they don’t and are afraid of what you’ll do if they act concerned. All the nitty gritty details of things that keep you up and night or make you break out in a cold sweat should be addressed to the lovely lady or lad mentioned in #7. Yup, they are there for that too.
5. Having all your vendors’ telephone numbers memorized and stressing them out so much they end up avoiding your calls and don’t want to have anything to do with you or your party. Yes, it happens all the time. Blow up their phones with constant calls and texts they will suddenly avoid you like the plague.
4. After a only few months on Google, Pinterest and countless wedding blogs, you feel that you know more than anyone else and you’re the go to expert in the industry. I wish it were that easy to master this profession but nope, not even close. It takes a lot of effort to make something look effortless and planning is anything but effortless.
3. Constantly nagging your wedding planner on a weekly, daily, and hourly basis.
2. Spending countless hours each day obsessing about your wedding and allowing it to consume your life. Planning a wedding should be seamlessly integrated into your daily life, not consumed by it. Anytime you are consumed by anything especially wedding plans, guess what?? You’re doing it wrong.
1. Continuously pinning on your boards even after your dress, menu and decor etc. have been selected and finalized. Oh please, channel your inner Elsa and let it go!
The moral of the story? At the end of the day, there are always be those who create and fuel their own drama not matter what the situation. It’s important not to lose sight of what really matters. Remember, your wedding day is about starting an exciting new chapter in your life with the one that you love.
So take a deep breath, and remember to keep calm and wed on my friend!